Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bugs 4/13/16

   When making a game or simulation, there are bound to be bugs. Right now one of the bugs is that sometimes the timer won't work properly, and it will keep on going past 20 seconds when I specifically told it to reset at 20 seconds. Also the Total Farm Wealth variable sometimes doesn't properly add all the pigs value (the pigs value is determined by their weight, 5 dollars  per pound). It sometimes only takes pigs 2 and 3 and adds their value to the Total Farm Wealth, and completely neglects Pigs 1. Also Pig 1 is glitched so sometimes it won't properly grow when clicked (which after 3 clicks makes it become resistant).
    What I have decided to do to try to fix these problems is that I am reviewing the code that I got currently. This is in order to tweak the code so it's more efficient and allows me to try different ways to try to get the same result. Sometimes I just got to figure out if it's the code or the website. That is because sometimes the simulation doesn't work for the first time, but after I refresh the game and start it over, it works perfectly find the next couple of times.
    I love this experience I am having because it gives me insight on how a programmer would think. They are given many different ideas, they have to break down what would work and wouldn't work, and then they got to initiate it and make the simulation. I love the different ideas I have to come up with when I run across a problem so I can fix it. I am currently making level 4 right now. I am thinking about making 20 or so levels which will make it around a 10 minute simulation (30 seconds per level).
 

1 comment:

  1. Where is your final blog? This is part of your final grade for this course.

    ReplyDelete