Friday, October 30, 2015

First Day At 1st Playable 10/29/15

      Today was my first day at 1st Playable. We arrived there around 1:00 pm and met some of the workers. When I walked into the room I was absolutely amazed by the environment. There were toys and ships everywhere. Mr. Calos and I were taken to the balcony to look at the people working during a small tour for 30 minutes. It was interesting to see how integrated everyone was. I was really surprised how the people there are constantly changing work areas to work with their team for a certain project. For the next 2 hours I shadowed one of the workers. I got to see what the process was for debugging games and how some are solved. For the debugging, they would get deadlines for what they needed to fix and the work would be spread out throughout the group so it would be an even amount of work for each group. I found it fascinating how before they officially say they "resolved" the bug, that they got someone else to check to see if they did something wrong or there is a better way to solve the problem. This was important to know because now I have a taste of what the teamwork is like for figuring out solutions to the programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment